111 Bayfield Street
Phone: 519-538-1060 ext. 1403
Year Round: YES
Hours: Summer: Mon-Sat 10 am-4 pm; Fall: Tue-Fri 10 am-4 pm
The Meaford Museum displays marine and farm artifacts, toys, traveling exhibits and archives of famous conservationist, John Muir who worked at a local sawmill. See Andrew Gawley's ingenious invention of his iron hands and the story of Beautiful Joe, a local dog made famous by a best selling Canadian book that raised international consciousness against inhumane treatment of animals. Ship models meticulously crafted by Meaford's own ship captain Bruce Shepperd, are on display. Meaford's apple industry is detailed by the Apple pie Trail exhibit. The collection also includes a speaker's chair from the provincial legislature, one of only two remaining in Ontario.